FanStory.com - Show Me the Monet by Banksyby Mark D. R.
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
2-4-6-8 contest poem (garbage)
Show Me the Monet by Banksy by Mark D. R.
2-4-6-8 Poem writing prompt entry

garbage
in our clear streams
painting reality ~
environmental disaster

 


Writing Prompt
Write a poem that follows this syllable count: 2-4-6-8. So the first line has two syllables, second line has four, third line has six and the final line has eight syllables.

Author Notes
Internet article:

Oct. 22, 2020, 8:17 AM EDT / Source: Associated Press
By The Associated Press

LONDON: Banksy's playful take on a famous Impressionist painting has sold at auction for $9.8 million, the second-highest price ever paid for a work by the British street artist.

Show Me the Monet sold to an unidentified bidder at Sotheby's in London on Wednesday evening, surpassing its upper pre-sale estimate of $6.5 million.

In the 2005 work, Banksy added abandoned shopping carts and an orange traffic cone to Claude Monet's image of water lilies in his garden at Giverny.

Alex Branczik, Sotheby's European head of contemporary art, said the work was one of the strongest and most iconic Banksy works to appear at auction.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mark D. R. All rights reserved.
Mark D. R. has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement