FanStory.com - Saplingsby zanya
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A modern fable
Saplings by zanya
Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry

Sofia was up at the crack of dawn. Her trainer put her through her workout paces.
As Alexa droned on, reminding her of her schedule, she sipped her green coffee.
Zoom calls dominated her day.
Her driverless Merc soon whisked her to her downtown office. She was hopeful that soon she would be interviewed to become MD of 'Greenery.' She was puzzled as to why it hadn't happened already. After all, she was living the required green lifestyle.

Today she would have one face-to-face appointment, Mr Greenwood, from Carbon Inc.

From her second-floor office window, she noticed the electric van arrive, piled high with tiny green saplings.
'Oh no, ' she murmured to herself, ' security mustn't allow the flooring to be soiled with earth from those saplings.'

There was a knock on her office door. Dropping her iPhone on the desk, she rushed to open it.
A man in his thirties, wearing a mask because of Covid 19, stood outside.

'Good day, Ma'am,' he said.
Sofia's attention was drawn to the man's soft brown eyes and weather-beaten face. He had a healthy glow, in sharp contrast to her urban pallor.

'Ma'am,' he continued, 'where shall we plant the saplings to maximise clean air?'

In a moment of extreme clarity, and before replying, Sofia excused herself, hurrying to the office of Manager, Mr Greenwood, to inform him of her resignation.

'Sofia, your name is on the list for ........'Mr Greenwood spluttered, as he scrolled through the promotion list.

Sofia slammed the door behind her, as she exited the building exclaiming,'Green isn't just a color, it's a way of life.'

And the moral of the story is: Let's get real !


 


Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300

Author Notes
Image from Google

     

© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement