General Script posted October 12, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Pons and Ned meet at a diner

Scene at a Diner

by Bill Schott


Characters:
Pons = bright dude
Ned = dimmer
Fed = rotund fellow
Hed = brainy

The scene opens in a diner. Four men are sitting in a concave booth at center stage.

Pons: It's good to see you guys. Glad we could all get together.

Ned: It's swell seein' you too, Cuz.

Fed: Are there menus?

Hed: I have actually memorized the menu if you would like me to share it with you.

Pons: I saw a remake of The Dirty Dozen on the tube yesterday.

Ned: What don't the Dirty do?

Fed: I wish I had a menu to memorize. I'm thinking of maybe getting a salad.

Hed: They have a Chef salad, Apple and cranberry salad, Cobb salad, Caesar salad, and a wedge.

Pons: I said Dirty Dozen, Ned, not Dirty Don't.

Ned: Okay, Pons. So what didn't them dirty dudes do?

Fed: Did you say The Dirty Dozen? 

Hed: No, just those five. They must have discontinued those other offensive ones.

Pons: They've updated the characters and the situation.

Ned: So they ain't in Mexico savin' them farmers from the locah baddeeno?

Fed: What about sandwiches?

Hed: They have five with a side salad or soup. Ham and cheese, brisket, meatball, ground sirloin, or mutton. 

Pons: You're thinking of The Magnificent Seven, Ned.

Ned: So they got 'emselfs five more dudes and they all could use a good washin' up. That's a head-turner right there, Cuz.

Fed: What are the soup choices?

Hed: The soup du jour is usually gumbo, which is an amalgamate of the previous days left-overs. They typically serve navy bean soup, basil tomato, split pea, French onion, clam chowder, and chili con carne.

Pons: No, Ned. One was an old cowboy western and the other was during World War II.

Ned: Man! That there's a upgrade fer sure. Was that War a them Worlds in Mexico too?

Fed: The gumbo sounds intriguing; could be a real duke's mixture.

Hed: Precisely so; the soup chef's name IS Duke and he maintains this occupation while also selling multiple bodily fluids each month. He has a tattoo of a spider on his face. 

Pons: World War II, Ned.

Ned: So's this new flick a redo a that first'n or the seagull? 

Fed: Maybe I'll skip the soup and get just a Cobb salad.

Hed: I'm getting a water and maybe some saltines. 

Pons: Okay, Ned. Let's start over. There's a Dirty Dozen remake.

Ned: Gotcha. 

Fed: Did you say a dozen doughnuts rebaked?

Hed: This seems odd, Pons. Are you lying? Why would you lie about doughnuts?

Pons: I wouldn't lie about doughnuts, Hed.

Ned: I lied about doughnuts once. 

Fed: I lie about doughnuts regularly.

Hed: At the risk of affecting the high level of our informal chat, I would like to know more about this doughnut movie.

Pons: (
sighing with a smile) Okay, fellas. The movie is The Dirty Dozen Doughnuts.


To be continued...

















 



Recognized


Thanks to meg119 for use of the art
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by meg119 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.