Humor Non-Fiction posted October 2, 2020 Chapters:  ...64 65 -66- 67... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The mirage

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The mirage

by Iza Deleanu

The day whatever, forgot since the Coronella plague immigrated to Canada. Can you blame her? Canada is the best country in the world: we give you sanctuary, free medical insurance, housing, and the CERB. I guess she likes our long and "beautiful" winters which is a bonus environment for all the freebies you can eat.


Anyway, let's forget the damn Coronella and get back to me. It's Autumn and for the first time in ten years, we got a splendidly colored October. It's warm and dreamy, you can almost forget about that unwanted refugee that is lurking back on the corner. Sanctuary, my foot!

But how can you forget? The black masks are reminding you, that she is still here and she is still having her fun with us the stupid puppets.

I am missing my Caribbean escape and my trip back to Romania. I don't know if is because of Coronella, but people become more nostalgic about those trips, so you can see lots of Mexican restaurants popping up at every corner.

No, it's not the same thing. I think it's missing the soul. I try to make a margarita myself, but it turned super blunt and undrinkable.

Oh, wait, I just received an offer from Westjet. They talk about getting a trip to some Mexican resorts, where you can work remotely and drink remotely. Yup, I would love something like that. Every time I click on the details, the website is kicking me out. Nice mirage, Westjet, call me when you are serious. I swear I will be the first one to try this, Coronella, or not. I don't care about the drinks, but I'm all for cooling off in the ocean. Yup, zoom me out, boss! I'm doing some looping with the dolphins at Mazatlan.




CERB is the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit given on COVID time. Thank you for reading my little charade.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.