General Non-Fiction posted September 25, 2020 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 21... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Petitions for a sister (damommy), mourning her son

A chapter in the book Prayers for Fanstory Family

Prayers for Our Beautiful Yvonne

by Mary Kay Bonfante


~           ~           ~           ~           ~

DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER,

We pray for Yvonne,

IN THE SWEET NAME OF JESUS,

We pray for Your comfort and solace upon her mind, will, emotions, heart, soul and entire body,

In this, her time of greatest need and distress.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"1

Oh, Holy Spirit, Mighty Wind, Gentle Dove, Fire in Our Hearts, Comforter of Our Souls, I don't know what other family members fill Yvonne's world, or what friends now grace her company.

But we ask,

IN THE COMPASSIONATE NAME OF JESUS,

That you, the Paraclete, would "come beside her" and be her best friend in Heaven and on Earth, to touch, to heal, to comfort, to strengthen her, both now, when her pain is most cruel, and in the days to come. We ask that Your grace and comfort would extend to each of those who feel grief at the loss of this young man.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever -- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."2

Oh Lord, Almighty God, I don't know Yvonne very well, except by her kind reviews, her sweet poetry, her love of animals and her good reputation, and now, by this tragic loss that has blindsided her with unimaginable grief.

But You, Lord, know everything about her:

"O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether."3

And so we pray,
IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS,
That You would comfort and encourage Yvonne as no one else can. We ask that the people around her would have the right words of comfort for Yvonne. We ask that each of Yvonne's companions would be able to do tasks that she cannot, during this time of great shock and desolation.

Oh Dear God, Creator of the Universe and of All Mankind, All Knowing and All Loving,

I don't know the circumstances of how Yvonne lost her dear and precious son, but we know that You gave Your Only Begotten Son that we might have eternal life by believing in Him! And on that day the burden of sin He carried for us was so heavy, that You had to turn Your head away. The earth shook, darkness fell, and thunder rumbled in the sky!

"Better to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than a fool bent on folly."4

Yes, the Bible speaks of animals who know grief and rage when their young are taken, and scientists tell us that even the elephants mourn their dead. For so You created them with emotions, Heavenly Father, and so You created us.

You even created us, especially in Your Own image! Lord God, you created us with deep emotions. You created mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, and You know, better than anyone else, how very difficult the loss of a son is to withstand.

You warned Mary, your chosen servant who bore Jesus, of the grief that would come upon her, later in life. Even when her young child was a babe, it was said by the prophet Simeon, "And a sword will pierce your own soul too."5, 6

Oh, Lord, Our Jehovah Rapha, Our Healer God, it's the sword of grief -- so sharp, so painful! Heal your daughter, Yvonne, we pray, IN THE MERCIFUL NAME OF JESUS!

May Yvonne go on to live a beautiful life in the years to come, with the passage of time, as we believe her loving son would want her to do.

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."7

IN THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES, JESUS CHRIST, THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, we humbly pray. Amen.



Recognized


1 - John 14:1-2 NIV
2 - John 14:16-17 NIV
3 - Psalms 139:1-4 NKJV
4 - Proverbs 17:12 NIV
5 - Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."
Luke 2:34-35 NIV
6 - I remember when my brother John died in 2005, and it was only my husband and I at the scene, from my family; the others were out of state. Telling my mother on the phone was the worst thing I ever had to do. I told my aunt, "He's gone!" because I couldn't yet bring myself to say the word, "dead." It was unquestionably the worst day of my life. John was less than two weeks shy of his 45th birthday.
And my aunt (Mom's only sister), also not wanting to believe the calamity, answered, "What do you mean, he's gone? He went somewhere?"
Even though my brother died peacefully, in his sleep (although there were some unanswered questions that troubled us, which may never be resolved) it was a tragedy that was very difficult to overcome, especially for my mother and for me. I could see how my mother was suffering, even more than I did. We eventually came to a point of some kind of acceptance, but I know the pain of loss, particularly for a mother.
7 - Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.