General Flash Fiction posted September 20, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
150 words. How to spoil a day...

Bobby's Breakfast

by LisaMay


It was breakfast time. The sun was shining, birds were singing: all seemed right with the world. Bobby maintained his happy feeling by not listening to the news or checking into social media.

After he’d prepared breakfast, he’d go to the office. Then it happened. In the overall scheme of things it was only small, but Bobby’s heart sank. He was doomed. Perhaps the sky would fall in on his Chicken Little head while walking to the bus. Would his friends, otherwise known as Henny Penny, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey, all be conned by Foxy Loxy?

Or maybe he would skid on a banana skin and break his neck. In reality it was more likely to be dog shit that he’d step in.

Either way, Bobby had just attracted superstitious bad luck into his day. The yolk of his egg had broken as he cracked it into the frypan.



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.