Fantasy Fiction posted September 13, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Animal Crackers Club

The Lost Mouse

by damommy






Dilly lost her favorite catnip mouse and was very upset.  She spent days searching for it to no avail.  In desperation, she turned to the famous detective, Sherlock Endeavour and his colleague, Dr. Foster.
 
Endeavour and Foster came to Dilly’s house to examine the scene, as it were. 
 
“Mr. Endeavour,” said Dilly, “I’m at my wit’s end.  I’ve looked everywhere.  It just disappeared!”
 
Eccentric Endeavour said not a word, but sat staring at nothing for what seemed a long time.  Dilly turned to Dr. Foster with a questioning expression.  Dr. Foster said, “He’s thinking.  He’s famous for that, you know.”
 
Endeavour turned to Dilly and said, “Miss Dilly, when did you last see this mouse?”
 
“I believe it was last Tuesday,” she replied.  “I’m sure it was.  I’d been to my book club, and stopped at the grocer’s on my way home.  It was there on the counter then.”
 
“And was this paper bag on the floor where it is now?”
 
“Oh, no, sir.  It was . . . “
 
“Miss Dilly,” said Endeavour, cutting her short, “I believe if you look in that paper bag, you will find your mouse.”
 
Dr. Foster congratulated him on his wisdom.  “Endeavour, you never cease to amaze me with your deducing skills.”
 
“Elementary, my dear Foster.  Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”
                                                                                        

 



Recognized


The challenge was to pick a fictional character and write a short story using your pet as that character. It can be one from literature, movies, cartoons, etc.

Club entry for the "Fictional Characters" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.