General Non-Fiction posted August 14, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A letter of thanks

A journey

by tfawcus


In July, 2018, I returned from a trip visiting friends in California, family in England and no-one in particular in Paris. The last stage heralded a much longer journey, afloat with you all on the good ship, FanStory.

A scrappy envelope picked up in the Paris Stamp Market for two euros became the inspiration for a novel written over the course of eighteen months. It spanned one hundred and sixteen postings, during which I regurgitated a hundred and thirty-eight thousand words.

Some of you were good enough to stay with me all the way. There's no doubt I would have jumped overboard long before the end without your unfailing help and encouragement. You know who you are, and I thank you most sincerely.

Six months and countless edits later, the book is 25% slimmer and reduced to forty-three chapters and an epilogue. Rama Devi has been a brilliant professional editor assisting me in the final phase.

Using Kindle Direct Publishing, I published the "The French Letter" a few days ago under its new title, "Into the Lion's Den". It is available on Amazon in paperback and eBook format.
Into the lion's Den
The blurb describes it as a gripping tale of mystery, romance, and international terrorism. The reluctant and somewhat inept hero, Charles Branson, is torn from his quiet life as a food and travel writer by a hit-and-run, a mysterious envelope from the Paris Stamp Market and two beautiful sisters from Pakistan.
He exchanges a tranquil life in the Cotswolds for a light-hearted liaison with Tamsyn, a mistress of the Art of the Eight Limbs who believes in fairies and leads him astray.
Tricked into working for MI6, he comes up against the harsh realities of the French underworld and drug cartels. He and Tamsyn
[previously Helen] are given a dangerous assignment in the Hindu Kush, tracking down a renowned ISIS leader (The Lion) before he sets off a series of terrorist bombings throughout Europe.

Once again, many thanks to those of you who helped me bring this project to fruition.



Recognized

#158
2020


One or two people have asked me to provide the Amazon links. Here they are:
United States: https://amzn.to/2DVIE5g
United Kingdom: https://amzn.to/2Y18KLa
Australia: https://amzn.to/3kKpL65
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tfawcus All rights reserved.
tfawcus has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.