Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted August 5, 2020 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How would a cat know anyway?

A chapter in the book Felix and other Friends

Felix a Coluratura Cat

by Cass Carlton


It was a sunny morning and I had started work early. Housework was nearly done and I was looking forward to a nice soak in the bath, a shampoo and set, and a change of clothes from my A.A.s (absolutely awfuls) to a favourite blouse and slacks.
I had been singing all morning, mostly opera with a few tracks of Demis Roussos just to lighten the mix
. My voice was very much in tune and I was really happy.
My cat Felix was sitting on the window sill warming his rump in the sun.
He, however was not happy.

My singing had got on his nerves and now he sat, golden eyes staring at me accusingly, his ears folded down to lessen the racket his mother was making.

I ought to have been highly offended, but couldn't help but see the funny side of it.

As if in apology,he stood and climbed up my apron into my arms, purring loudly.
As I listened to the deep notes issuing from him, I could not help but agree with well known cat aficionados that "Cats make the most divine noises." Felix certainly did .




Here is a" Felix "story. For further information about Felix there are two stories about him in my portfolio. Feel free to read them any time.

Club entry for the "Annoying acts" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cass Carlton All rights reserved.
Cass Carlton has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.