Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted July 29, 2020 Chapters:  ...64 65 -66- 67... 


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Metaphorically Speaking ~ Series

A chapter in the book The Two of Me

Tunnels We Dig

by QC Poet

The Tunnels we dig Aren't ever very Deep!
Its Depth may depend On a Promise to Keep?
If swept and Kept will many Lies still Seep?
Dig a little Deeper you'll Hear a small Peep!

Will this Tunnel allow you To cross any Bridge?
If this tunnels Path lays past Truth's Ridge?
Feel deep inside it gets Ice cold like a Fridge,
Tunnel vision Thoughts freeze us Down to a Smidge!

Hidden deep in the Caves of Our own Minds?
Finding safety in our Brain's tunnels it Whines!
Lost to rebuild Later tunnel on More it Binds,
A rising Volcanic tunnel Erupts the First chance it Finds!

Flow in this tunnel Will depend on it's Size!
Movement of a Stream buys Its biggest Prize,
More lies to Lay higher till Death add Plys,
Can't Hide a bad Principle dressed In a New Guise!





Tunnels We Dig
7/28/2020
By; George Martinez,
The Chochee Medina ~ QC Poet Series,
(Metaphorically Speaking)

Notes;
Photo Credit to Free Internet Download plus Author's Add-on Filtering.

The Capitalized Words of this poem offering Make a Second Similar Poem.

Writing Prompt;
Write a free verse poem about tunnels. So many different ways to go with this.
Let your imagination loose.

Facts;
What is the difference between a cave and a tunnel?
Caves are naturally formed, and have no "direction" of purpose, and may not have separate entrances a tunnel has an opening and an exit, Sometimes with a passageway to a cave also may be called a "tunnel".

Picture Note ~ The explanation for the picture is this Native American Eagle is flying facing Upward with the Streaming Ribbons Representative of the Tunnels (situation) We are Digging Ourselves Out Of. Blessings!

Club entry for the "Tunnels" event in "The Fabulous Free Versers Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.