Humor Fiction posted July 10, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
surprise me

Swim-Bird!

by Iza Deleanu


Its sunny outside and life calls you back to nature. My kitties are trying to escape through the open door and chase those proud birds that are moving their tails directly under their nose. They know that for now, my kitties can't do a thing, because they "enjoy" the scenery from behind the screen door of my balcony.

I totally subscribe to their frustration. It's summer, we have not had too many sunny days. I could've said that it made me feel like being at the Tropics, because we had thunderstorms and showers every freaking day. Usually this is my preferred time of the year, because I am traveling back to my home country to enjoy my beautiful Black Sea.

My other favorite trip is either, Banff or Jasper to their Hot Springs gems. This year all my trips are Hasta la vista, baby! Coronella made sure we stay put and enjoy the season watching travel documentaries and doing the stop the rain dance around the living room. Yup, kitties united front!

This mermaid was taken out of her kingdom and her frustration reached the breaking point. I can't even go to enjoy a refreshing swim down to my friendly neighborhood YMCA swimming pool facility. So, you can add me to the kitties' line of protest: we all growl and scratch for our favorite things. In this cacophony you can hear two clear wishes: "Bird! Bird! Bird!" and "Swim! Swim! Swim!"

Suddenly I catch a bird and meow: "Bird! Bird!" In the same time my kitties are temporarily abandoning their watching spot and run into my tub full of water. They scream: "Swim! Swim! Swim!"

I know kitties and water don't mix, but mine are Bengalis, and they do occasionally enjoy water. I guess the moral of this story is: be careful what you wish for... "Swim! Swim! Bird! Bird!" Aha, swimming with a bird, yes, what an adventure!




Surprise Me writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
This is a flash fiction contest. Write a story that has a surprise ending. Since it is flash, the word count must be between 200 and 600 words. The ending can be funny, sad, shocking, etc. But the reader has to be surprised.


Have fun and enjoy:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.