Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted July 6, 2020 Chapters:  ...49 50 -51- 52... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 51

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The Oracle

by Iza Deleanu


5th of May, 2020
Day 51

51 days after the Coronella outbreak.What happened in the world? Austria opened shops, and no new outbreak, Italy has not seen any new cases with Coronella, Spain got new cases among the medics who are dealing with the pandemic, Face masks should be wear on International flights. Canada has now over 4000 death due the Coronella, and yup if you get sick you can't see a doctor.

I got sick. I got fever, sore throat and I am super dizzy and I am going to the washroom every 5 minutes for number one. I called my family doctor's office. Surprise, the doctor doesn't do face to face consultations. The admin assistant takes notes about your symptoms over the phone, and then you are added to the list to receive a phone call back from the doctor. I feel like seeing the Oracle from Delphi; answer the riddle and you might talk to the Doctor.

Finally the Doctor called me. And after he looked into his magic ball and prescribes me a treatment. I refuse to take the prescription, first I want to do some tests just to confirm the diagnosis. I am trying to book an appointment on-line, but the stupid booking system is down. I try to call the Lab, but nobody answers. I decided to take my chances and see if I can get my test done without an appointment.

Lucky me I could go right away to the Lab, of course respecting the safety measures, mask, disinfectant, gloves and the wash your hand magic receipt.
I like it better now. My Oracle sent already the requisition to the Lab, so they took me right away. I did the prescribed test and went home.

Next day, the Oracle called me with the news: You have bladder infection; I have prescribed an antibiotic and send it to the nearest pharmacy to your house. Yup, we are still working from home, and we are allowed just to do short trips to the grocery stores and walks to keep our sanity. I asked the Oracle, what do I need to do now, He advised me to wait for the pharmacy to call me.

Later on the day, the pharmacy called me to go and pick up my antibiotic. Wow, they are working at full speed. The pharmacy is in business, no kidding. Since all the family doctors are Oracles and prescribing stuff by ear, I wonder how many are miss-medicated? I am getting my antibiotic and start my treatment right away.

Today during the meeting I lost my voice and start coughing like crazy. My Boss asked me to get tested for Coronella and to see my doctor. I took her advice and went on-line to book a test. The site is so crazy, you do the self-assessment and they ask you to call 911. Finally, I gave up and call my friend who did it in February, after she came back from Cuba. She told me to call 811. See it was one number down. I called and they answered after ten minutes. They asked me the same questions as in the questioner, and said that I need to get tested just to be on the safe side. I manage to get a test for the next day. In the meantime I call my Boss and she asks me to inform the nurse from work about my symptoms and what steps do I need to take to be safe. At work they put me in self-isolation pay. In the meantime, I feel very sleepy and I see no improvement from the prescribed treatment.

My test is coming back negative, so I breathe again. My symptoms are still there, but this is because my infection and a slight crazy reaction to the medicine. After seven days, no improvement. I call the Oracle again, and he prescribes me a different antibiotic. I follow the same pharmacy procedure. I finally start my new medicine, I feel it's stronger than the one before and I can see improvement right away: no more dizziness, sleepiness, sore throat or coughing.

Hallelujah! After trial and error, I am infection free, thanks to the Oracle. I think because of Coronella, in the medical schools they are going to introduce a special course in how to do practice medicine as a family doctor during an pandemic. I will call it the Oracle treatment.



Non-Fiction Writing Contest contest entry


I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.