Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 4, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A sweet cat and loving companion

Yoda

by damommy


Ordinarily, I don’t write anything sad or gloomy, but the passing yesterday of a dear, sweet cat is so much on my mind at this moment.
 
Yoda was a large cat that could only be described as champagne colored.  He had the patience of Job with new kittens, and the sweetest disposition with everyone.  His huge round eyes were so full of love and innocence that it would wring your heart to look at them.
 
Always at my side like a furry magnet, I miss him tremendously already.  He seemed to always know my moods, and if there was ever the hint of a tear in my eye, he was right there to comfort and love me.  He slept on his back in my arms every night like a baby, and would snuggle and ‘kiss’ me when it was time to go to sleep.  He never outgrew his kittenish comfort of sucking his toe before falling asleep.
 
It was a hard decision to make for him yesterday, but he couldn’t be fixed up or healed, and would only suffer in a short while.  I couldn’t let that happen to him.  He deserved better.  His ‘siblings’ are looking for him, and there’s no way to explain to them where he is.  But as my veterinarian said (one of the kindest people I know), we will all be reunited someday.
 
Those of you who prayed for Yoda, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

 



Recognized


The photo is of Yoda on the left with Dilly.

Club entry for the "Stories" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.