General Fiction posted July 2, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Child having fun

Innocent Fun

by GWHARGIS


There are morning showers from the sprinkler. Chasing rainbows with popcicle colors that drip in sticky puddles at her feet.

After fluffy white and crustless bread, full of crunchy peanut butter with a slather of bumblebee honey, she mounts the tire that hangs in the tree. Toes pointed, swinging higher and higher until the clouds stir in the breeze.

The sun climbs. Changing her shadow from long to short, and front to back. Warming up the buttercups that grow in the yard.

And busy fingers tie dandelions stems together to adorn her princess head. She rubs her eyes and stretches out on the grass, watching a matinee of passing clouds.

After dinner snuggles with popcorn and buttermilk and the princess is tucked in. A kiss on her cheek and the hall light gleams, while reluctant eyes flutter then close.

Tomorrow she will wake with new adventures to have. But until then, the kingdom grows quiet while the princess slumbers.




Just thinking about the endless adventures I had as a child in my own backyard.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by alaskapat at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.