General Poetry posted June 30, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The forest always persists and returns.

Out of the Fire

by Mary Kay Bonfante

New growth flourishes,
From forest fire years ago,
Sweet triumph of life!




Tree-Hugger 5-7-5 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem with 5-7-5 syllables about a tree, trees or forest.

Recognized

#1894
2020


New picture, improved poem!

This poem was inspired by a regrown forest. In about 2009, my husband Jorge and I visited family members in Montana, and we saw an incredible sight: burned-out trunks of trees standing side by side with fresh, green ones. I believe the original fire had been in 1988.

I can't locate the original photos I took of this amazing sight, but my sister Tricia, who lives in Montana, saw a similar scene while hiking there recently with her family, and was kind enough to take the above photo for me.

Originally I had used a FanArt photo for the Tree Hugger contest, which may or may not have been from a burned-out forest, but this one certainly is.

Thank you, Tricia Gunning McCormack!

The poem has also been slightly revised.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.