Satire Fiction posted June 23, 2020 Chapters:  ...46 47 -48- 49... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 47

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Skype me Out!

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, than what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
2nd May 2020
Day 47

Working from home, working alone! Since March 27, 2020, that was my Mantra until now! I am not working alone, and I have virtual reality to supports me, duh! Today I am on the whinnying end of Coronella stick.

I have a super Star Trek state-of-the-art office: two plastic folding tables from Walmart. I am not cheap; I just don't have proper space for a new desk. Remember, itsy-bitsy tiny apartment overpopulated with kitties and Husband.

Ergo-no-mic chair? Yup, you can say that one more time. I am just eco-no-mic, the bastards bought everything that I needed to work from home and that I could've tried to live in the storeso I had to try my chair on-line. My chair came from The Universal State of Amazon via China, yikes!

I got a huge chair that is too big for my "ass-et"! so yeah, I traded this expensive chair for a cheaper one that allowed me to park at ground level. With the other one, I felt like sitting on the top of a tree. Man, the improvised desk was so far away. Oh, don't dream of refund me now. I just swipe my expensive international chair with the Chinese version that my husband got from Wall-Martie:) chap!

Technologically challenged? Nope. Not me! What do you guys use for communication? I use the old pal SKYPEEE. But my company doesn't allow calls support, so we are using the chat me feature and the share me desktop wonder. So if you add a remote desktop that kicks out in the middle of a conference call and makes you lose your info because was no blink-blink save me now option, I am doing f....ing great. My company doesn't allow automatic back up! Security something? Really!

Have I started to drink due to this inconvenience? Hell... yes! One beer before the meeting to warm me up, and one after, to cool me down!

Have I told you that I am also taking online classes? Me, who said that on-line school is ANATHEMA! Watch me, now how I ZOOM in, from my phone, because my computer is crapenstein and doesn't support me... audio! Oh, and I become a Pro in GoToMeMeeting, used by my church community. Oh, and let's not forget the youtube option for streaming live church services.

Thank you, Coronella, the Dinosaur, aka Moia, got upgraded, so SKYPE ME OUT!


 




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes. I have misspelled some words intentionally for the comic effect.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.