General Flash Fiction posted June 16, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
More willpower needed

A friend in need

by jenintorre


Morning Julie, come in, the door's open.

Paula, you've got to help me.

Oh my god Julie you look dreadful, you're shaking and you look as pale as a ghost.

I need a fix, Paula and I've none in the house but I know you've got a stash.

You told me you'd given it up.

I have. It's been a whole week and I've coped really well. I've done everything you told me to do, kept really busy to take my mind off it but I just haven't got your willpower, Paula. It's so hard.

Julie if I can do it then so can you. It's been three weeks now and I think I've finally kicked the habit. Sit down and I'll make us a cup of tea. I know how bad you're feeling. I've been through withdrawal symptoms too, don't forget but I assure you it will pass. It's just mind over matter. We'll talk it through, here drink the tea.

I can't Paula, my hands are shaking so much I can't even lift the cup. I know you've got some in the house, please go and get it, I beg you, I feel terrible.

Oh well, all right, I'll get it and I'll join you just this once and then I'm throwing the stuff away so I won't be tempted again ... here you have the kit kat and I'll have the snickers.




Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Wetzel at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jenintorre All rights reserved.
jenintorre has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.