General Fiction posted June 15, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 100 word story

Drama

by Bill Schott


















I was new to East High and the drama class. Mr. Chambers assembled the cast on the stage.

"Listen up, students. We ---"

"Mister C," interrupted a girl in a toga. "May we welcome the new guy?"

"Yes, Amy," he answered. "Everyone, form a line; welcome Christopher to drama."

Each student greeted me with a showbiz quote.

"Break a leg."    
"I knew it was you, Fredo."    
"Yooo luke Mahvalous!"       
“Plastics.”       

Finally, Amy stepped up and smooched me saying, "Make me immortal with a kiss."

I smiled, turned, and threw my arms up shouting, “Look Ma! Top a da woyld!”









 



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Topic: A first kiss between strangers.

Let's take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story with just 100 words. If so this is your opportunity to shine.


Recognized


Image from Google.

The first quote is the traditional saying which replaces 'Good Luck' on stage. The second is from the Godfather, when Michael accuses his brother of planning their father's murder. The third is a quote that Fernando Lamas used often and was used in homage by Billy Crystal later. This was what an uncle told Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate. Amy's quote was from Doctor Faustus, and Christopher's was James Cagney's last words in the movie White Heat.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.