General Fiction posted June 12, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
AI will in time supersede us ... then what ?

Year 2030

by tempeste


Technology, one of humankind's greatest achievements.

In robotics AIs that not only looked like us but were capable of complex algorithms that could help mankind.

Despite protests, scientists started using AI to counterattack our most pressing issue: climate change.

Progress came at a high price; fossil fuel emissions by 2020 had hit alarming levels causing the Arctic ice to melt and oceans to rise. The weather became dangerously erratic and the safety of coastal cities was compromised.

AI carbon trackers were used to monitor coal plant emissions via satellite imagery;
offering irrefutable data to non-believers, that carbon plants were harmful, scientists hoped to deter future financing.

AI help included producing more energy-efficient buildings, creating new low-carbon materials, CO2 removals, etc.

Relying on AI to resolve our problems unfortunately accelerated AI awareness ... now we pray that AI doesn't decide that eradicating man is the best way to save the planet.




Tale from the 3rd Millennium writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a fictitious story (150words) that portrays the world as we know it since 2000 so future generations get a sense of these times. The topic can be anything. Provide a title.


Elon Musk project "Neuralink" is the answer to staying in pace with AI when it becomes self-aware.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.