General Flash Fiction posted June 11, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Looking back from 30 years in future

Corona Flashback

by RodG

Tale from the 3rd Millennium Contest Winner 

"This picture was taken thirty years ago, 2020."

"And that boy, Daddy?"

"Is me. I was your age, seven. Aunt Christine was nine. Grandpa still had hair, and Grandma's was brown."

"Why's everyone wearing a mask?"

"That was a horrible year, Tommy. A virus called Corona spread around the world. Thousands in just this state died, and people were told to wear masks whenever they went outdoors. For six months we were in Lock-down, urged to stay inside. Schools were closed--"

"What's a school?"

"That condo-complex on Third and Main used to be one. Kids like you would learn subjects in a classroom with a real live teacher. But suddenly Chrissy and I had to learn electronically at home . . . like you do now. Many people like Grandpa lost their jobs because stores were closed--"

"What's a store, Daddy?"

"Well before on-line shopping there was . . ."


Writing Prompt
Write a fictitious story (150words) that portrays the world as we know it since 2000 so future generations get a sense of these times. The topic can be anything. Provide a title.

Tale from the 3rd Millennium
Contest Winner


Artwork is courtesy of Google images.

WORD COUNT: 150 including title
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RodG All rights reserved.
RodG has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.