Spiritual Poetry posted June 8, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A talk with God.

Police Officer Blessing

by Willie P. Smith

Bless them, Lord, for what they do,
Give them direction and guide them thru.

As they face the hazards of each new day,
Walk beside them, Oh Lord we pray.

Help those they serve understand their plight,
Give them courage to defend what's right.

If they get disheartened along the way,
May someone have the kindness to say,

"Bless them, Lord, for what they do,
Let them find peace when their day is through."



Recognized

#897
2020


Our officers, today, need all the help and understanding we can give them. I gave 40 years of my life to law enforcement. I never met an officer that acted the way the officer did in the Floyd case. Every one I have discussed the case with, both law enforcement and regular citizens, agree the officer should be tried and convicted. The thought and discussion to defund the police is absurd and shows what the left thinks of American citizens. The ones to be involved in this line of thinking are doing nothing to help the US. They are punishing good officers and law abiding citizens for the act of one rogue cop. The eventual out come will be more crime and more gun purchases by private citizens. There will definitely be more killings. We are leading up to a revolution between the ones who welcome lawlessness and the law abiding citizens who want law enforcement. If a poem is not considered in this contest, disregard my post.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Willie P. Smith All rights reserved.
Willie P. Smith has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.