Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted June 6, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The soul is who we are.

Maker of Humanity

by HarryT


Soul gives the body life. The union of the two is “who we are.” Soul can’t be seen or touched, yet the amalgamation with the body is our humanity.

Death is the soul departing the clay it animated. Maybe to a greater life in a spiritual world or not.  

I chose to believe the soul is the reservoir of our inherited genetics and our perceived experiences; in other words, soul is our interpreter of the world. It is also the governor of our behavior; it guides us based upon what has been observed and taken to heart. It is the spiritual principle that directs us during our process of human becoming. Hopefully, the duality of our body and soul will flourish in developing into a worthy human being possessing the capacities to love and feel empathy and compassion for others.
 
The soul is “who we are” on this earth.

 



Soul Writer writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In under 150 words, define a "soul." You may write poetry or prose.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.