Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 29, 2020 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Diet Rotation, Head Healed and more.

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

Mixed Ramble 2020 No 4.

by Sankey




Background
I decided on this way of adding more to my book "The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go" I just got finished, so as not to leave things "up in the air" and me still feeling I had to add more to my story.
    
A lot of you have been interested in following my various dramas and life changes. We are all trying to move on from the Corona Virus or COVID-19 thing. I have spoken about the Radiation treatment on my head following the skin cancer or Squamous Cell Carcinoma (second one on my head) removal, recently. I pointed out the fact, also that the radiation treatment commenced just before our State of NSW on the East Coast of Australia went into Lockdown due to COVID-19.

I was pretty nervous they might cease my Radiation treatment till after corona but Praise God the sensible decision was made to continue the treatment. I figure once it was started it would have been a backward step to stop it. They originally said it would be twenty days of treatment.  I am glad it ended up to be only ten days. Following the radiation, I had to have my head re-dressed every couple of days. Originally to be done at home by a District Nurse, it turned out my dear wife had to do the re-dress due to, once again COVID-19 and the need for the ever-present distancing.

It was a good idea for both ourselves and the nurse. After all, we had no idea of all the people she might come in contact with and who amongst all those was dishonest about possible spreaders of the coronavirus. At one of my Cancer Clinic visits, where every day a fellow was at the door to check everyone and provide sanitising, a woman said "No" to all the questions we are all aware of during these times. When she got inside to the Clinic, she then comes out with...
"I think, I have a fever!"

Pretty dumb of her really, not to mention inconsiderate of all she had come in contact with, had she been actually infected. Fortunately, she was tested and cleared. But what of the possible risk to the nurse seeing her and the necessity if she was positive, for the Nurse's family and so on to go into isolation! The stupid woman had said all the "no's" at the front entrance then came out with her dumb admission, later! 

Seeing I don't drive anymore and we were keeping clear of public transport for the aforementioned reasons, it was a blessing to have  some people from church (actually one man for one day only and a lady for the other nine treatments) to take me to the clinic each day.

I have mentioned before about my Coeliac Disease necessitating.a diet of Gluten-Free cereals in particular. I have now invented a "Rotator" that lets me set up to know what cereal I have eaten each day, seeing I am getting old and forgetful. There is a Gluten-Free porridge I love and I rotate between it and other cereals each day.

I made another Rotator for my Optifast Meal Substitutions I think I have mentioned elsewhere as well. As a Diabetic (added to the Coeliac Disease)  the Meal Substitution helps with weight and so on. The Rotator I have invented for these tells me whether I had either a Soup a Shake or a Dessert for lunch the previous day. (On a Slide that goes up and down.) Then on a wheel there are all the flavours whether for the Shakes or the Soups or the Desserts.

We have just managed to get back on the trams, trains and buses after we were cleared to resume following Corona shutdowns etc but we are not sure another lockdown might be in the wings real soon. I have to forgive a chap at Penrith the other day. It was not his fault we were stuck in the V's vestibule from Penrith to Central. Someone said on one of the train groups when V's were designed 50 years ago there was no thought people in wheelchairs would be wanting to get on trains. Fair enough I guess.

We have been catching up with a couple of friends whom we had not seen in months for the obvious reasons talked about already. One place we went had all the public seating roped off because of the virus. One wonders how the aged and infirm get on in these places if they need to sit down somewhere. From now on I have to carry my little stool around with me, in case I need to sit down.



Recognized


Photos are of the Rotators and of me and Louise getting "out and about" again. Top: a & b Gluten-Free Cereal Rotator "KIC" is the Gluten-Free Porridge I love. c. First of my Optifast Rotator invention.
Row 2: a. Another Optifast rotator setting. b.Us all done up in our winter gear ready to go out. c. A V-set train (soon to be taken off-line in retirement)coming into Penrith Station.
Row 3. a.Louise being assisted onto a train on another occasion. b. The wheelchair area on another "V-set" not our priviledge to access on this trip, sadly. Not ALL "V's" had the wheelchair section. c.Louise in the vestible on this trip. She was glad of her chair "suspension" it was a rough trip! (over the wheels of course!)

Row 4. a. Louise just off the "V" at Central Station. b.Louise at the City Terminus of the Light Rail(trams.) c. Juniors' (Rugy Leagues Club)Kingsford Light Rail Terminus. We anticipate the Light Rail being extended some day further to the coast. This is number 3 of new Light Rail routes (Circular Quay to Randwick and Kingsford and Central to Dulwich Hill) in Sydney after 50 years since all our old tram services were ripped out for the oil companies and motor vehicles' benefit. As it says in the Book of Ecclesiastes (thanks Roy Owens for the correction) in the bible "nothing new under the sun." History repeating itself.

I undserstand even those of you not friends with me on Facebook can view this page(my page with the Videos and stuff underneath. Let me know ow how you go.

Link to more photos and Videos in Facebook of the catch up day.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.