General Script posted June 4, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one scene script with Pez and Pallas

Seen at a Small Lake 2

by Bill Schott


From the last scene:
Pez: I'm going to look up an old acquaintance on the other side of the tracks.
Pallas: I suppose it's a she and it's the wrong side of the tracks. I'm checking out a blog and you'll be laying pipe.
Pez: Meet me at the boat rental at around nine.
Pallas: I'll be done at the library by seven.
Pez: Take the scenic route to the lake. See you at nine.
-------------------------

The evening has arrived and the sun is riding low on the horizon on its way out of sight. Pez arrives at the boat rental to find Pallas fishing off the shore with a contrived willow branch, with multiple tie-ins of sticks to enable a low-standard, sturdy fishing pole.

Pez: That looks like a failed project being drowned by its creator.

Pallas: This willow branch, lots of thread, some twigs, and a superior mind are making this fishing expedition possible.


Pez: I guess some fish has the superior mind. He must think you're the best show since a flock of swans dropped turds while swimmin' in a circle.

Pallas: I've been here for three hours waiting for you. I would have gone door to door, but I didn't know where to start.



Pez: Looks like you used your time wisely. Other than perfecting this fish amuser, what did you find out at the library?

Pallas: Dolores Lane lives across the tracks where you were visiting. She may be near wherever you were.



Pez: (Smiling) I found her house and searched it.

Pallas: What? Well, why did I spend time in the library if you already knew where she lived?



Pez: I didn't know if she'd be home or not.

Pallas: What? That still doesn't answer why, if you knew where she lived, I was looking it up on line.



Pez: If she was there I needed to talk to her alone.

Pallas: What? Do you know this woman? What the hell is goin' on, Bro?


Pez: I remembered Dolores from Detroit. Her name was Street then.

Pallas: (
scoff) Street.  Dolores Street became Dolores Lane? Why not Avenue or Boulevard? Why didn't she marry up and become Dolores Interstate Ninety-five.

Pez: Chill, Dude. It's a bit odd, but what makes it seem like nothing is all the rest of her story.

Pallas: (
There is a tug on the make-shift fishing pole)  Wha--! Hey! I gotta bite, Man! I outsmarted the fish!


Pez: That's a good sign, Pallas. We're going to need a lot of smarts to solve this puzzle.

Pallas: Sure, but first let me pull in this whale.


Pallas's pole breaks in the middle and is wisked away under water.


Pez: Looks like Moby Dick broke your business off there, Ahab.

Pallas:
  I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up.

Pez: Holy cow! Did you just quote Melville?

Pallas: Wrath of Khan, Dude. It's a classic.



Pez: Sure, that makes better sense.

Pallas: Back to Dolores Dirt Road.


Pez: I met her when I was getting my GED.

Pallas: So she's an archeologist with a GED? No wonder she's here studying a podunk place like Otter Lake.


Pez: I met her at the city library in Detroit. She was busy writing her dissertation.

Pallas: Dizzy what?



Pez: Her thesis.

Pallas: These is what? Why you bein' so invasive?



Pez: It's E-vasive, Webster.

Pallas: Okay, so I'm a product of overcrowded public schools. 



Pez: More likely an under-populated classroom. You ditched school a lot.

Pallas: None of this explains your missing diver, Pez.  So how 'bout you fill me in?



Pez: I'll tell you on the lake. Let's get to borrowing that boat. 



To be continued...

















 




Thanks to eileen0204. For use of the image.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.