Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted May 27, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Same old story.

The Blame Game

by LisaMay



Same
corrupt story with fame:
blame.

 

 




Rhyme That 1-6-1 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a three-line poem with a syllable count of 1-6-1, where all three lines rhyme. Any theme/subject.


Author note:
"Famous" people (those in the public eye for some attribute or position) always attract attention. There will be those who love them and those who hate them for their skills or perceived lack of them. Who are the corrupt ones - the leaders or the followers, the lovers or the haters? The finger of blame can be pointed BY a leader or AT a leader. How can a person avoid being corrupted by power? Everyone at the top seems to get tainted by it.
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- An observation that a person's sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. The statement was made by Lord Acton, a British historian of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Nothing changes much. Now here we are again.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.