Biographical Non-Fiction posted May 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The love of an angel

Pisa

by Iza Deleanu


Absently, I am shaking my favourite Jamaican beach globe and lost in thoughts I remember... I still feel the caressing of the waves on my face, I am walking on the ethereal white sand and smell the crystalline waters. Was this my glimpse of heaven? At that time, I thought that this is what it takes to be happy.

My Pisa is smiling from a photo with a twinkle in her eye. She was 3 months old when I got her. She became my companion my Heaven on Earth. If I was sad she always was able to find ways to make me laugh, she even learnt how to answer my questions. Like my friend once said, she is too smart for her own good.

She loved to travel, and every time we were taking a break from our work and run to the mountains, she was on the road with us.

Last year she went to Heaven and left me behind. We were a family for eight wonderful years.

For a while I was gone. I felt like there is no point in living anymore. One night she came into my dreams, put her soft and cute face into my hands and beaming said: Mommy is time. You need to go and bring home my brothers. You need again your corner of Heaven, here on Earth. Her jade eyes followed me for a little bit, and then she left me. Her last words: No matter what you do, don't forget I love you and I will watch over you.

I find myself asking the picture: Pisa, wait, how do I find your brothers?

Don't worry mommy, they will find you.

And they did, one day as I was looking at a post from one of my professors from University I saw them. I felt Pisa laughing and jumping up and down with joy: You found them, hurry up mommy!

She was right, I found my little glimpse of Heaven with a little bit of Hell in the middle. One of them is not quite the shy type, and he thinks that is O.K. to scream in the middle of the night for attention. Pisa told me to have patience, because he is a spoiled brat, but all will be left behind after one year.

Now I have my boys Leo and Dinu, two lovely and mischievous tabbies that returned my joy and my glimpse of  Heaven.



Glimpse of Heaven contest entry


Pisa was my first cat in Canada. She was a very smart kitty, unfortunately I think she died of Corona. After her, even if I said that I don't want another cat, I ended up adopting two boys and here is my proud glimpse of Heaven (the picture it's a collage with my precious angels).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.