General Poetry posted May 23, 2020 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
poem with haiku (4-8-5)

A chapter in the book 78 Flowers

The Lilies

by sunnilicious


Look, lilies
on the table.
These flowers are fragrant;
Creamy with cardamom
or something spicy,
but pleasant.
Big, perky, blooms
to brighten the day
with natural goodness.

Lavish lilies...
Buds and blooms sit on every stem;
Sincere devotion.


 




Last weekend, I went to Big Square in Glendale to stock up on cleaning products. They sell fresh flowers. So I bought six-stems with plenty lillies as big as my face. There are mix of white and pink lilies. I couldn't get a good picture, but I observed them everyday for a week.

Lilies are something I always associate with churches, Springtime and Easter. Also, it appears to be a favorite flower to many people that I knew and know. More so than the rose. Strange but true.

This poem is what it is... Something written, something true.

Well, I picked artwork by avmurray on FanArtReview and Glitter-Graphics gif. And today marks Eid (the celebrations that end of Ramadan), so the lily flowers seem fitting for the occassion to me. Peace be upon you.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend too :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.