Humor Fiction posted May 14, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fun with phonemes in 130 words.

The Animals Are Revolting

by LisaMay




Life at the zoo was boring with so few visitors. There wasn’t much to do except eat and poo. Some animals had developed bad habits: All Sally the civet cat did was hiss and spit; the plucky skunk, Skipper, got drunk; Gerald, the giraffe, just laughed; and Jim, the ingenious gnu from Timbuktu, was in trouble for blowing bubbles. 

When Ken, the keeper, caught a chronic cough and was kept cosily coddled in his cottage, they saw their chance to be off.

“Let’s high-tail it!” said Gerald, laughing.

“I’ll moosey on out of here.” Mo stamped two hooves decisively.

“Let’s vamoose!” urged gormless Gavin, the useless goose.

“We otter get away!” said Otto, doing quick gymnastics in his cool, blue pool.

Doug, the ugly monkey, threw fruit. “You’re all nuts.”




A Phoneme Challenge contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.