General Poetry posted May 11, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This is a heart's longing

Somebody

by Brenda Henderson

I want Somebody:

Who can't wait for me to wake up because He's excited to start His day with Me.

Somebody who will wake Me in the middle of the night to make love with Me.

Somebody who will take Me for walks on the beach; picnics in front of the fireplace; and dance with Me under the stars.

Someone who will drive however far it takes to get to Me because He can't bear one more moment away from Me.

Somebody who makes Me feel at ease and exhilarated at the sound of His voice and the touch of His hand.

Someone who will let Me know that He loves Me in his own way and makes sure that I understand.

Someone who challenges My intellect; is peaceful and loving in His demeanor; and with whom I can find heaven on earth in His arms.

Somebody who is HOME to Me...

Yeah, I just want Somebody to LOVE!





Free Verse Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


For all the Somebody(s) out there that Someone somewhere is longing for: You know who You are wherever you are. The question is what if anything are You going to do about it?

My gratitude to Dick Lee Shia for the use of "Foliage Silhouette Frame."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Henderson All rights reserved.
Brenda Henderson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.