Letters and Diary Fiction posted April 12, 2020 Chapters:  ...25 26 -27- 28... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 26

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Changes

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 26
April 9, 2020


You know when the government gave the order to work from home, none of us was prepared. For example, the day that they sent me home, I started a strange journey in search for an office chair and some kind of desk.

I couldn't find a chair, so I had to order one on Amazon. I was shocked that I have to wait a month for it, the reason for the wait: non-essential for Coronella. I thought to myself, what if I don't need it by then? Can I still return it? Or I just keep it in case we will have a new pandemic in a few months? But I was lucky, it came in 3 days. Probably, because of the pandemic, Amazon got lots of orders for desk chairs. Hallelujah!

I do have an office, but my husband needs it, because he is teaching from home. You should hear him swearing before class, the damn college kids don't log in the class module, and he is working 5 hours for preparing one class.

I heard it is not easy to teach on-line. Whatever, my job is not easy either. You should see me trying to handle a conference call working  the same time on a spreadsheet that I am editing over skype  - in real time.

I swear, I am freaking pro now! I started to swear too. How can you keep your cool, when I am disconnected from the same conference and I am losing my mind, because none of my changes were saved? I asked IT to enable the auto save or recovery function. Guess what? They cannot do it, because of confidentiality bullshit!

So I was forced to train my visual memory, so I can restore some of the lost data. Since nobody remembers, I guess, we can all go with the flow and pretend we got the right information at the ... later time. Sttt, this is our little secret.

On the other hand the employer should be happy. I am using my own Internet connection and I am paying my phone bill. I know I should be grateful that I still have a job, so I am not complaining... I'm just saying.

I am happy that we all, my family in Canada and the one from Romania, we all have adapted to the new situation. My kitties finally understood, that mommy and daddy are working from home, so they start to carry their non-sense and silly behaviors in the bathroom. That room it's 100 % theirs.

Me and my husband, we are both grateful that we learnt new computer and social skills, but also that we finally have an idea what each of us is doing at work. So we got respect towards our jobs, and we even support each other technically speaking.

So, thank you Coronella, we learnt new things and we can market those skills after the pandemic for future jobs or other opportunities.

Even if in appearance, the world stopped, I think the world is still functioning in the background or underground.The humans are getting closer to a solution. So we are back, baby! Coronella, prepare for extinction!

 




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think sounds funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.