Humor Fiction posted April 12, 2020 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 25

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Izoleta

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 25
April 8, 2020
Every time a world pandemic happens, the Romanian are very inventive. Instead of buying special expensive equipment, and that is hard to get, for the safe transportation of the infected with Corona, they made their own.

Do you know how they call that special thing that they take people who are having Corona? Well sit down because this is funny: they called it izoleta or in French isolette? It's this coming from isolation? Check the picture is quite funny and makes sense. You are sitting by yourself in a box - aka self-isolating - that is carried by 4 "qualified people", how can you complain, when you are the king of the castle.

Izoleta is a 100% Romanian invention created by the scientists that are working for the Romanian army.

I am pretty sure, that after Coronella will disappear, the Romanian are going to baptize their kids: Corona or Coronela for a girl, Coronel for a boy, Izoleta or Izolel, Quarantina or Quarenten, Aplatizel (in romanian Flattening the Curve is a aplatiza curba) Distantel (distancing) etc.  These will be crazy names that will remind us about the terms used during the outbreak.

Did you know that Ebola it's actually a girl's name? In Eastern Europe, there is a superstitious that if you name your kid after a disease or something that you are afraid of, the kid will never be touched by that disease. So here you go: Salmonela, Antraxela, Crazy Cow, Pestilence, Apocalypse, Grozdanka (which literary means Ugly) etc.

How we will survive this outbreak? I think humour is the antidote: keep on laughing, this will help you maintain Mens sana in Corpore Sano ( healthy mind in a healthy body). Thanks God, Latin it' a dead language, and Coronella doesn't understand it. Otherwise, she will attack first our minds, our witty spirits and the rest will be history!

 




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think sounds funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes.
Pardon me, today I am making fun of my native country, but this is the good fun, you should see what my compatriots are posting on Facebook, it's hilarious.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.