Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 6, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Read the scripture in notes.

Go To The Ant

by patcelaw




















In this time with the world in crisis because of the virus, we all need to obtain wisdom from God. He gave us the wonderful Bible book of Proverbs. This book is full of wisdom and one that can give us good instruction on how to live in this fallen world.

I plan to take a chapter a day for the month of April and write an essay about what God's word is saying to me. I may well write on only part of the chapter and write in prose rather than poetry. Today's writing is from Proverbs 6:6-11 and has a lot to say to all of us about how we should live our lives, so we can be counted among the wise. As a girl my first twelve years were spent on a farm, so I learned a lot about planting, tending and preparing food for the winter months. So this passage was a blessing to me. In this passage I will do a bit of personal testimony of my learning from my childhood.

************************************************

Go To The Ant

As a child, I did not receive instruction from the word of God because I was seldom able to go to church and do not know if there was even a Bible in our home, but I do remember as a child of six or seven, I was receiving instruction from the Lord and not realizing that He was instructing me through the work that I had to do to help out in our home.

In the summer when I was wanting to play, I had chores to do. I also was seeing God in the things inof nature. Watching the garden, which I had help plant, come to life with wonderful food that I would help my mother to can, which was stored in our cellar to provide food for our table during the cold winter months.

There were times when I wanted to be lazy but, I wanted to be pleasing to my mother in the hope that I could feel her love.

Just as the ant has no guide, one to oversee her work, my guidance was coming from the Lord, even though I was not aware that God was the one guiding me all the time through my many chores.

Just as the ant was gathering in the time of harvest for her family, I was seeing how my mother was providing food for us.

Later in life I became very ill and could hardly walk across our home without being in extreme pain, I found that I was feeling that I would lose my mind because of my lack of ability to do the things I had to do to keep my home and I wanted to do something rather than sitting, folding my hands or sleeping. God impressed me to use the hours to knit. So I purchased yarn and the knitting needles I would need to begin a project of knitting a queen sized bedspread, which was knitted in one peace. Today that bedspread is used on my bed. I also entered the spread in the Southern New Mexico State Fair, I won the second best ribbon and prize money for it.

Now today with eyesight failing I still find I must be doing something which I can do. I can still write on my computer writing poetry, prose and non-fiction stories which are read by many readers. Many of those readers say that the things I write are a blessing to them in their walk with the Lord and some have come to know the Lord as a result of reading the things I write that have been given to me by the Lord. Much of what I write is poetry and is really prayers to my Lord.


-Patricia Lawrence
4-6-20




Proverbs 6:6-11

6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
______________________________________________________________
The photo is of the bedspread I hand knitted while I was recovering.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.