Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 2, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Proverbs 2:1-9 essay.

Proverbs 2

by patcelaw


















In this time with the world in crisis because of the virus, we all need to obtain wisdom from God. He gave us the wonderful Bible book of Proverbs. This book is full of wisdom and one that can give us good instruction on how to live in this fallen world.

I plan to take a chapter a day for the month of April and write an essay about what God's word is saying to me. I may well write on only part of the chapter and write in prose rather than poetry. Today's writing is from Proverbs 2:1-9 and has a lot to say to all of us about how we should live our lives, so we can be counted among the wise.
********************************************************************************

Proverbs 2:1-9

If we will gladly receive the words of God and hide them in our hearts, they will be there in the most difficult times in our lives. All my life, it has been amazing to me how God has brought to my mind a passage of scripture to help me as I might be struggling with a problem or have a need for wisdom to carry on.

As I incline my ear to wisdom, the wisdom that comes from God and apply that wisdom to my heart God will give me understanding. As I cry out for knowledge and lift up my voice to God for understanding, He will give me wisdom that is like silver and hide it in my heart it becomes like precious treasures. As I search for those treasures, I find understanding and know the fear of the Lord and therewith I will find what is the knowledge that God has for me. It is the Lord that gives me the wisdom which comes out of the mouth of the Lord, and He'll give me understanding and knowledge.

God has laid up sound wisdom as I live a righteous life; He becomes a shield to me as I walk uprightly before Him. As I walk with Him, He will direct my paths in judgement and promises to preserve my ways.

As I walk with Him in understanding and in His righteousness, He will keep me on the good path in my walk.

My prayer today is, Lord, turn my heart daily to You so I may live a righteous life, a life pleasing to You in all I do, I pray this is the name of Jesus, the name above all names. Amen.


-Patricia Lawrence
4-2-20




Proverbs 2:1-9
1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.