Letters and Diary Fiction posted April 2, 2020 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 17

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The Inventory

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.


Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
31 March, 2020
Day 17

Should we wait for the government to take care of us, or should we help? Well, I just listened to the governor of California, which was saying that when LA open the 178 boxes of ventilators that they had in stock, none of them were working. Instead of waiting for the federal government to take care of the problem, they shipped them in Silicon Valley. In 72 hours, those ventilators were up and running!

Thank God for the local resources. In a normal situation, you will return those to the manufacturer, aka China. But, desperate times required desperate measures. Hey, folks, God gave us a head full of ideas, so why not using that apparatus... more often? We are so used to give up in the first second, we encounter a problem, instead of using the power of our minds to find the solution. Have you noticed that usually a problem comes with a solution in the background; you just have to open your eyes.

Another very important thing that the senator brought up is the use of the wrong terminology for millennials: social distancing. Of course, they are confused, for them, socialization is not as for the old generation going to a disco, to a concert, to a ballet. Usually, they get social only when they are on-line, on their virtual world: Facebook, Pinterest, tweeds, etc. Sorry, I am not savvy in this area. For moi Facebook it's a way to stay in contact with my family back home.

So what are the dummies doing? Distancing on-line, but getting to parties, because nobody thought to use the right terminology: physical distancing. Whoever come up with this phrase, should go and hit the back button and let's start again: PHYSICAL DISTANCING!

I am a freaking expert in that area; I distanced myself from my family, I even  crossed the Ocean  to do that. Europe- North America - safe distance for now....

So if you die of the coronavirus this year, you are going to be famous. You are going to be part of an unique population, part of the Corona generation, part of a statistic.

You know every year people are dying of flu, cancer, heart attacks, but those deaths are not important.

Now dying in Corona time, it makes the difference; you might even be part of the cure.

I propose to have a special place and monument to all the people that went with Corona. They deserve to be remembered.

Whoever let this virus out is going to be famous, and he will say: I am the one who killed one million people between 2019-2020- what a beautiful achievement. For sure, he will get the most precious award: Criminal of the Year. The jury will decide this achivement  in the International Court of Justice from Hague.

Hey, douchebags, please stay at home, some psychopaths are bored on the streets, and they can have a little fun with your scary asses.

Have you ever asked yourself why the prime minister or the federal minister of health from Canada, in this time of crisis, when they are adressing the crowds, they always sounds like a funeral director? You should watch one of the clips that are coming from Canada. I swear to you every time the Federal Chief of the Medical Office, Ms. Tan, talks about Corona I feel like killing myself.

Her face says: there is no hope you better go and kill yourselves. Nobody escapes Corona.

Folks, I know Corona is dangerous, but we need a little beat of hope. Also the same tone keeps our prime, and it sounds like every time he is talking, he is choking. Hey, I have something in my throat! Crap, I hope is not Corona. My wife had it, and I tested negative. It must be Fluffy; seems like her hair. Oh, Fluffy is my cat. Ha, Ha, Ha, what have you thought? I will never cheat to my Sophie.

So yeah, take an inventory:

All the channels are killing it: Corona 24 from 7. 

The showbiz is killing it too! Come on, and we don't need more movies about pandemic when we have one just in our back yard.

We are going to go crazy, but the lack of fresh air will give us hallucinations and start to see a potential threat in our dear ones!

The old parents are getting pampared and are getting all the attention in the world. Finally,  it feels good to feel appreciated!

Everybody in this world nowdays is following Australia's example in regards with schooling from home. Romania followed her example, and it's offering live classes on the National Television. 

We all become technical savvy because working from home is do or die.

We start to appreciate more what we have and become grateful.

We acknowledge the importance of a pet as a natural de-stressor. So you, Alberta, hurry up and ban that No Pet policy from the buildings!

Shut up, Greta. I have minus 20 degrees today and lots of snow. So where did you transferred that global warming?

Finally, all the protests stopped their activities, and all the protesters are on vacation. Good riddence!

We are showing support to our front line worker, by creating a mob wave of thank you, by honking from our cars. This idea belongs to a local radio station: we have to honk when we go by Royal Alec hospital at 7 am and then at 5 pm as a sign of appreciation. If you ask me personally, I think this is a terrible idea. What if you scare Corona, and she runs away?

 




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.