Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 29, 2020 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Day 12

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The Ugly

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I about the Corona Pandemic.
Day 12
March 26, 2020

Panic, my office looks like a ghost town. I want to be home too, but they don't say anything... we are not allowed to stay home! I am sitting at my desk and feel that my moral slides down as a clown's mask. I am tired: too much information, too many deaths, too many infected. I feel the Ebola terror all over again. This is the ugly face of Lady Corona.

We look suspiciously at each other. God forbidden to dare to sneeze, everybody jumps out of your way and the last one standing... disinfect. Wait, we run out of that, so we attack the bathroom to wash our hands with lots of hot water and soap.

I am actually happy that I don't live in the States; if you sneeze there will probably kill you. That's a clever way to stop the spread. I am being sarcastic, of course. I don't know if is true or not, but our neighbors don't give a damn about the toilet paper, all they care about in this pandemic are the guns. I wonder if they can shoot Lady C, without warning, of course, and free all of us of her reign forever.

You know, in India, the police went overboard with the stay at home thing. If they catch you on the streets, they beat you and send you home. Another measure that the Indians took is to put on the doors of the people that are infected a sign that warns the neighbours that they are sick. Try this in Canada, and you will get yourself a FOIPP request and a lawsuit for infringement of human rights.

Now at first glance, this measure looks extreme, but to be honest this is a good idea. Let's say, you are like me with no relatives in this country and something happens to me and my husband, nobody knows we are alone in the house. If you have a sign, at least people can bring you groceries, or if you don't answer your door or phone, they will call the emergency services and maybe save your life.

It's ugly, you know, in Spain, this is exactly what is happening. The Spaniards found lots of people that died in their homes. This phenomena could be the begining of a different type of infection ...

In Russia, if they catch you on the street you go straight to jail... for 5 years. In the meantime, I think it was the world organization, which requested all the countries to release all detainees.
Now the question is: do you defend yourself against Corona or against the murderers that are walking freely on the street. Oh, wait, we not supposed to be outside... so we are safe?

In Romania, the army is on the streets to make sure that the people are respecting the quarantine. If you have to work, you need to show a permit, otherwise you are fined, and this  believe me it's not peanuts, it's more than uou make in a month. Just imagine to apply for a loan, so you can pay Miss Corona's fine.

Romania got infected because of the people that were expelled from the European Union. It's funny, how in front of a disease you don't belong to UE anymore, but to the country of origin. Sweden said:" take your people home because they are a burden to our social system." This is another face of Corona, where there is no mercy and people are treated as objects that can be discarded at free will. Suddenly you are not citizen of the Union, but Romanian, Bulgarian etc.

Corona brought back an old profession: buccaneers! In France, pirates are attacking the hospitals and are robbing masks and ventilators. Guess how much it's a ventilator on the black market? Well it's at least 450 euros.

In Romania I heard they are attacking cargos that are transporting these hot commodities. Just think if you are a driver carrying these goods, man this it's quite an adventure. You can lose your life in the name of that precious cargo. This is the ugly face of Corona, people are becoming wolfs for each other, as Nietzsche was saying a long time ago.

Another ugly thing is the ego of the scientists and doctors that don't trust each other at the expenses of the people that are sick and dying. There are a couple of scientists and doctors that are applying some experimental treatments, but the community of doctors at large, condemn them because the treatments are not approved.

There is a doctor in Marseille that has quite a lot of success with his treatment. Other doctors are accusing him that is risking the lives of the patients. I thought that the oath of Hippocrates force you to save the lives of your patients at any cost.

How is the virus treated in Canada? Well this is the ugly part: it's not! If you are sick,  go home and only if you can't breathe, only then, you have the right to call 911. Only then, the emergency protocol kicks in: ICU and ventilator. Medication? Nope, they don't wanna risk it, so pray for a miracle if you are able. Ugly, Ugly ... Bad!




I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading and let's stay safe my friends.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.