Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 26, 2020 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Day 11 -from corona with love

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Can't Touch This!

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 11,
March 25, 2020

How can we ban Lady Corona? I am seeing that in Europe it's on a killing frenzy. Nobody is safe: they are saying that only old people are chosen, and this is wrong! Lady C has no preference, I see, I touch! That is her slogan. Teenagers, young kids, and people among their 20 and 50 are falling under her gaze as well; there is no running away, there is no where safe... except your home.

Do you think that she has time for: Eeney Meeney Miney Moe you are coming with me Bro! I see her more like that Boa character from the Jungle Book: Look into my eyes or sneeze into my eyes and bang, you are gone!

If you want to be a hero nowadays: just stay home. The media is bombarded with this staying at home staying alone slogan. If I am going back to one of my marketing classes then I must ask myself what is the buzz world or catch phrase for 2020? I think we all agree that staying at home, flattening the curve (what the heck does this mean?) and social distancing (this is quite the opposite of socialisation) are the winners! For the last one I think a better and more effective descriptor is the MC Hammer song -  Can't Touch This!

What would be the most praised activity for 2020? I think wash your hands beats all the others, even Netflix falls behind. Wanna stay alive, wash your hands! Wanna stop the spread, wash your hands! The doctors are having a new addition for the stay alone stay at home activities: Disinfect! Disinfect! 

Some countries went ballistic, they wash their streets and citizens with chlorine all day long. I guess this job pays well. You opportunists, this new seasonal job could become a full-time job, because the flu season now is all year long. So we have shovels for the snow (winter activity), cut the grass (summer delight) and wash the street with chlorine aka disinfect all year-round activity!
Now you can't say that Lady Corona doesn't creates new opportunities... empolyment!

The is the first time in human history when all the nations are agreeing on three things: wash your damn hands, stay in your home aka shelter,cave (yeah Mr. Bat, this one is for you! Mother of all extinction!), practice social distancing and I will add the extra wear a mask and glove your hands! Yup that's a new word for you, please add this to your dictionary to glove your hands means to cover your hands with gloves. Ta-da! Am I smart, or what?

I must admit this Lady C gives me certain ideas, but that voice in my head that screams: RUN, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! That is the one I tried to silence, so I am screaming Can't Touch This!




This is my way to cope with this virus. I will try to post everyday updates from all over the world and my own vision, hopefully funny, on the matter.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.