Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Thoughts about why people get depressed.

Loneliness Can Kill

by patcelaw


How can it be this way. You live in a situation where you have the best, yet it seems that those things don't satisfy?

You live with two other people in the home, yet you are daily without meaningful communication.

That is the situation I am in now. I cannot communicate with the boob tube, I cannot communicate with the iPad. I don't even have those who will call to see how I am doing even they know I basically live alone for the better part of twenty four hours.

At least when I was still living in my home in Las Cruces, and could drive, I was able to go to church at least a couple of time a week. I had neighbors who I could call on. I could go
to the grocery store. I could go to the beauty shop and get my hair done. But, that is no longer the case.

I have to ask for help whenever I want to go to the store. I have to schedule with others to keep appointments.

Just because I have the nice things, they are not all I need.

I need someone who will give me at least 15 minutes each day to have a meaningful conversation. A conversation without cell phones and iPads in use.

I cry silent cries as the depression seems to hit me in waves like the pounding surf.

The isolation is harming me and I need to have a person to communicate with .

-Crying Alone



Recognized


A touch of biographical as well as observation of life.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.