Writing Poetry posted March 24, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A poem in regard to the virus that is affecting us all.

Coronavirus Pandemic

by Maureen Sky

You arrived within a blink of an eye,

 no, you did not fall from the sky!

But because of you many people had to die!

Many of us still pondering the overall reasons why. . .

 they believe it may have started with bats in China.

No more frequenting our local diner.

Stay indoors, self-distancing these days -

 work shut-downs – no idea how we're getting paid.

Wash your hands the sanitary way – at least 20 seconds.

"Stay Indoors!" – the media beckons.

Politicians battle for the best pandemic solutions and questioning the best process to start,

  meanwhile our stock market continues to fall off the charts.

Doctors, nurses, medical staff working endless hours - putting their own lives at risk.

 Not enough necessary supplies or equipment – respirators making the top of the list.

Medical face masks being our new attire . . .

“New Normal” they say, in a world showing few jobs available -  no new hires.

Celebrations, Graduations, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, all put on the back burner.

Parents and guardians of our young children now being home-school teachers and learners.

Toilet paper rolling right off the shelves as people panic, becoming instant hoarders.

Not as much worry or talk in the media about what’s happening at our borders.

"Coronavirus" making the day – leaving us to Pray, Pray, Pray!

We all need a miracle to happen today!

We continue to have hope that a new cure or vaccine will show its face soon,

  allowing Mother Nature to continue to provide us the sun and the moon.

A new day with all its glory. . .


so that we can all go back to life as we know it and share all our “Coronavirus” stories!




Rhyming Poem contest entry


While we are all dealing with the challenges of this "Coronavirus", I felt a need to put it into words as a way to capsule what our day to day life is right now as we navigate through it all. Something I will add to my daily journal for sure!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Maureen Sky All rights reserved.
Maureen Sky has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.