Essay Fiction posted March 22, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Hopeful Amid the Chaos

Perspective

by Violet WolfChild


Maybe they're right, and things aren't as bad as they seem. Perhaps this Virus isn't as deadly, or it's all a conspiracy. But it's here, and there's no going back. So why don't we stop pretending like everything is okay? Stop pretending that things don't need to change.
I know it's scary having change thrust upon you. But sometimes it takes something significant to wake us up. Today many of us are lost in a sea of uncertainty and isolation, worried about friends, family, our careers, and how this will affect our futures.
But let's try not to get lost in our fears and do what we can to stop this from spreading. I know these are troubling times, but it's also a time for us to come together and realize that we're all in this together. It's a chance to see past each other's differences. This Virus doesn't care where you're from, how much money you make, who you worship, or what your political view is. So why should we? I hear it even affects our beloved pets. Which only helps to show further how we are all connected.
We have a perfect opportunity to reevaluate, reimagine our lives. To let go of the past, allow ourselves and the earth to heal, and release the control that fear has over us. It's a chance to gain a new perspective and appreciation for where we are and what we have. I know that I have, and I hope when this is all over, we can come together and that each of us can find the courage to embrace our passions and truly live.




Looking over my old writing, I guess I've always feared something like this was coming. But I never imagined it would. I wish I had listened to the whispers.

Hope you enjoy it. Stay safe.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Violet WolfChild All rights reserved.
Violet WolfChild has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.