General Non-Fiction posted March 21, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
God gets our attention via trouble!

The Coming Tribulation

by Deniz22

The coming GREAT Tribulation;

Jesus warned of this awful 7 year period (which would begin today if the Church was air-lifted today in the Rapture)

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened." Matthew 24:21-22 - NKJV

COMMENT: It's commonly understood this period will be a pouring out of God's wrath on an unbelieving, Christ-rejecting world in unprecedented fashion.
However, the distress experienced world wide has more than one purpose.
The complete character of God is never isolated from a manifestation of one aspect of the Divine Being.

Hence the prayer of the Prophet at a time of Israel's chastisement :
"O Lord, I have heard Your speech and was afraid; O Lord , revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy."
Habakkuk 3:2 NKJV

God will "remember mercy" even in the awful Tribulation...and mercy is a prime reason for the Tribulation as it will result in millions being saved!

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying,"Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
Revelation 7:9-10 NKJV

Man is so stubborn, God will have to go to extreme measures to shake his sinful self-confidence! Tribulation is a term used in harrowing a field in preparation for seed. The extreme pain, mental distress and spiritual darkness of the Tribulation is really God preparing a lost world for one last planting and harvest.

In this case, the seed is not the Word of God, as in the parable of the sower, but 144,000 Jewish evangelists who will be preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom to all. The parable of the wheat and the tares fits here.

This Gospel is, "Christ is coming to judge the earth and set up His Kingdom!"
With that Gospel will be entwined the message of the saving Gospel, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!"

Yes, although the Tribulation features both the wrath of God against the sin of unbelief and His incredible grace to the weakest of believers, the love of God for lost sinners is His prime motivation in allowing this final call!

"Lord, I believe, help Thou my unbelief" is still a valid prayer leading to progress in faith and grace.

God bless you!




Proverbs 1:20 Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
21 She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
22 â??How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
24 Because I have called and you refused,
I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,
25 Because you disdained all my counsel,
And would have none of my rebuke,
26 I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your terror comes,
27 When your terror comes like a storm,
And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,
When distress and anguish come upon you.

28 â??Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
29 Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.
31 Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,
And be filled to the full with their own fancies.
32 For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
And will be [m]secure, without fear of evil.â??
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.