Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 20, 2020 Chapters:  ...3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 4

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Sing me to sleep

by Iza Deleanu


How are the Italians coping with the isolation and the Corona virus? Una serenada per una bella donna come lei seniorita Coronita. Well, they found a very humanitarian mode to deal with it: they sing the virus to death. Yes, you heard me. Look at all the postings from Italy on Facebook, all the balconies are full of people playing  different instruments and bringing back to life the old Sanremo spirit.

What a high educational moment for the younger generation. Take for example the song of Tutto Cutugno: "Lasciatemi cantare, con una chitaro in mano." Just looking at the Italians, I feel like crying. People found a way to cope with the isolation and despair. Physical social distancing, but getting closer,virtually, by singing: that's the Italian way.

What's the Canadian way? Do we have a way? Well, I think for now, we don't have a way because we are still in the early stages. Try serenading on the balcony here when temperature is minus sixteen degrees, your hands will freeze instantly on the guitar chords.

The only thing you can do in this part of the world is Netflix and Chill. I am looking at the stats for Corona from all the provinces and it seems like an NHL hockey League. Maple Leafs aka Ontario is leading in the " play over " with 257 points, aka cases. Close behind them are the Canucks alias British Columbia with 231 points. and oh noooo, the Edmonton Oilers, my team from Alberta are a close third with 119 cases. Montreal Canadiens aka Quebec is the next qualified team with 94 points. Finally, the Jets from Manitoba have 15 points. This is one league were I don't mind to have zero points as in Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavut.

Folks, Corona is real; we just got our first deadly case in my province. Now my anxiety is up again. Oops, my co-worker just went home; she thinks she got some kind of flu. I don't want to be mean. I hope it is just any kind of flu, but not that kind.  I guess we will see on Monday.

In the meantime, Corona just walks around, scaring everybody off. This year, Halloween comes early. What do you wanna be this year? I wanna be that scary doctor in the Hazmat suit.




This is another short interpretation of my hell in coping with Corona virus
Thank you for reading and please don't be offended by my stories.

Toto Cutugno is an italian singer famous for his song L'Italiano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxsmP_ZuPFsis
Sanremo is an italian music festival held every year in February.
NHL is the National Hockey League.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.