Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted March 18, 2020 Chapters:  ...67 68 -69- 70... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A worldwide virus the good and the bad

A chapter in the book Geoffrey's Musings.

Corona or Coronary

by Sankey

The Coronavirus

Has hit us worldwide

And some selfish ones

Have put kindness aside


Supermarkets everywhere

A lot of their shelves

Getting totally bare

As hoarders galore

Keep on barging through there.


But a wonderful light

In some quarters has grown

As in a rare moment

Some kindness is shown


Some of us "vulnerables"

Either aged or infirm

Are being so careful 

To ward off these germs


So grateful are we

When some kindness we see

Unknown benefactors

So gracious to be.


 



Hope writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem, in any format, on the subject of Hope, for these traumatic times we are all experiencing.


This was an entry in the Hope contest now closed. I had no phoney money to promote it so it did not get a look in apart from one vote. I replaced a former picture of milk cartons with this one of the bare supermarket shelves. The other picture of a Long Life milk carton next to an Almond "Milk" carton was not clear enough. We were coming through the checkout and seeing I had 2 Almond "Milks" our current restrictions due to the Coronavirus on purchasing more than 2 milks or two packs of toilet tissues or many other items in great demand, forbade me taking both the "Long Life Milk" and the Almond milk. That is until a kind lady behind us in the queue very graciously paid for our Long Life milk. This allowed us to take all four "Milk." Fact is, and there is a lot of discussion on this all over the place as to Almond milk being incorrectly named as cows do not produce it.

Even prior to the current crisis we have been blessed by neighbourliness in our area especially towards us not seen for 30 years. However, we are hearing on the news of many acts of kindness taking place in amidst this awful time for us all.
I tried to change the background colour but I was unsuccessful sorry.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.