Spiritual Poetry posted March 17, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
free verse

Hope-A Silent Prayer for America

by pome lover


 
Almighty God, please help this beloved country heal before it’s too late. 
This terrible pandemic has given us the perfect opportunity to practice patience and kindness, to put family and friends and their well being above our differing political opinions.
If we can voluntarily quarantine ourselves and endure the hardship that requires, we can surely  contain our adversarial comments.
Let the spirit of the kind souls helping others during this pandemic, spread to us all.
Let us come together, now, as we did after 9/11, and unite as one people.
Let our better selves shine through, and be true Americans.
And help us make it last.
With hope and faith we ask for Thy blessing.
Amen
 




Hope writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem, in any format, on the subject of Hope, for these traumatic times we are all experiencing.


This silent prayer indeed concerns the virus in this country and the hope for its swift containment, but it is also and very importantly about the healing of our spirits, our decency and treatment of others. The political division in America is affecting families and friendships, sometimes causing rifts that may never be mended. If we can self quarantine and face the hardships that it involves, we should be able to contain political vitriol- for the sake of our families, friends and our country. So sayeth one who has a way to go but is trying.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.