Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 12, 2020 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 6

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

New Kid on the Block

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
The world is going crazy. Everybody is running from or directly into the Corona beer and trust me the poor beer had better times. Johnny and his friend Marvin are sharing a pint down the road discussing the status of the fear level across the world.

- What's up with the world today, my friend?

- Nothing, Marvin, just enjoy, this might be your last pint of Corona autentica, before it's banned from the market.

- Why will the beer be banned from the market?

- Well the name you know! Corona it's a bad name that brings up bad memories of death and despair. They will have to change the brand name, or worst!

- Well, are we such idiots to start banning everything that has a hint of C O R O N A in it?

- People are sheep, so don't be surprised.

- So, the Danish are going to change the name of their currency now?

- Why the Danish?

- Their currency is Krona, the Danish Krone, which sounds pretty Korona to me.

- Wait and we will see.

- Look at those Romanians idiots that are running out from Italy spreading the virus in Eastern Europe.

- Idiots, that is the right term. They have old parents and young children back home, so maybe they want to put their relatives out of their misery, so why not send them to God...earlier. Life is difficult anyway.

- Wow, that's harsh, Marvin!

- Is it? They went to find a better life, and now, when the better is gone, the fake italiano are running back to their origins. But why the heck lie about it? Why do you say to the border security officer that you are not coming from Italy, when your accent betrays you?

- You see, they have this belief that if is time to die, you better die in the country you were born in.

- Listen Johnny, the world is a village, but some people prefer to find their own spot in that village, for better or worse, home is always better.

- Now that the Romanians are gone, maybe L'itally will become better?

- L'itally? I like that name.

- Do the Italians blame the Corona on the Romanians?

- No, brother, but the Romanians are blaming the fake Italians for it.

- This bloody virus is better than Putin and Trump put together: divide and conquer! Boom, BOOM shake the room bilogical disaster in the gloom! In the meantime, in the European Union, the Europeans are blaming and not helping each other with this threat. America is not better either. They think the virus is far away in China and will not dare to touch the American Dream. In the meantime, Madame Corona laughs at their stupidity. Panic is the name, and Corona is the New Kid on the Block, oh baby!




I am not trying to offend anybody, the Corona virus is deadly serious, but the panic is not calming the waters. As usual thank you for your patience and for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.