General Fiction posted March 5, 2020 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The innocence of a child's loss

A chapter in the book Heart Cafted Poems - 2020

Daughter's Prayers

by JLR


When my little daughter asked, "Daddy, why are your eyes so red?" Little could I tell her it was from the tears all night I shed.
My little sweet child's innocence was staring right into my eyes. This look took all my grit to put a smile upon my face. I hugged her close and told her that the tears I shed were because mommy had gone to live with God.

Holding her close, with head nestled on my chest, I said, "Daughter dearest, mommy fought a long hard battle with cancer that wore her down, and GOD, you see, knew more than me that she simply needed rest."

She tilted her head up toward my chin, and with a sweet tender voice said, "Daddy, I knew mom was sick, she had lost all her hair, and it made me sad, and I was mad at God because it simply didn't seem fair."

I stroked her blond curls and I pulled her closer and said, "It was okay that you felt that way, and God understood you were just sad. Sometimes, our bodies play these dirty tricks and God does all that he can to guide the doctors with their plans. But in the end, God simply knew that her cure was not at hand, and that is why He made a place where she will be at peace and will be watching down at you every day while she is in eternal rest."

Finally, as my daughter relaxed, she said, "Daddy, I'm glad that mommy is no longer sick. I will tell God tonight, thank you and ask him to make my daddy no longer sad."

And with that thought, I pulled her ever more close to me and said, "Sweet daughter, your prayers make your Daddy glad."



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.

Recognized

#227
2020


Through the eyes of child writing prompt - Fiction

Thank you for the use of "Magic Man" by cleo85 on FanArtReview.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.