Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted March 2, 2020 Chapters:  ...48 49 -50- 51... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Blue Color ~ Hidden or Blind Rhyme

A chapter in the book The Two of Me

Blue Colors of My Mind

by QC Poet

Blue colors are fluttering around my mind!
A blind perception of this challenging Time?
The rhyme for a new season tainted blue!
Graying hue clouds begin surrounding you,
I knew the darkening sky's were of my own!
Was shown in Humble Prayers a better way,
To slay any ugly thoughts that drag me down,
A frown fading clears up darkened sky's,
When eye's rain cleared up chaotic world's!

 




Blue Colors of My Mind
By; George Martinez
3/01/2019
A Blue ~ Hidden or Blind Rhyme Submission
Photo Credit to Free Internet Download; (Tlaloc)

Notes:
Tlaloc is the Aztec God of Fertility, Rain, Lighting, and Thunder.

The challenge for week (1-10-2019): Compose as Blind (or Hidden) Rhyme. Details posted under; discussion's; tab at top of inside page.
No deadline.

Blind Rhyme or Hidden Rhyme, is an exercise verse, sometimes used in poetry workshops and classrooms in which the end-word of each line rhymes internally early within the next line. This practice appears to be a loose descendant from 4th century Celtic poet's use of aicill rhyme.

Hidden Rhyme, or Blind Rhyme is:
* suited to light verse. (anything goes!)
* structured at the discretion of the poet.
* best when L1 sets a rhythm and the following lines maintain the same cadence.
* composed with the end-word of each line rhymed internally in the following line.
* often but NOT always, written with the first line rhyming with the last line.

About;
Tlaloc, He Who Makes Things Sprout. Tlaloc is the god of rain, lightning and thunder. He is a fertility god, but also a wrathful deity. He is responsible for both floods and droughts.

Tlaloc is commonly depicted as a goggle-eyed blue being with jaguar fangs. Often he is presented wearing a net of clouds, a crown of heron feather and foam sandals. He carries rattles to make thunder.

Club entry for the "Blind (or Hidden Rhyme)--week of 1-10-2019" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.