Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 1, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Yesterday

A Perfectly Wonderful Day

by Sally Law


I have just recently published my first novella, "What The Blind Girl Saw."

It has been a long road with many twist and turns. I've had many good days and some difficult ones.

Yesterday, heaven sent me a prescription and it was just what I needed: a perfectly wonderful day. The weather was fine, too, with the bluest skies I'd seen in weeks. My husband drove us to my first official book signing, two hours from our home.

No, it was not a large affair, or a line of adoring fans pouring out the door. It was a small gathering off the beaten path, quaint, and in a familiar setting I have come to love. But more than the surroundings, it was the people than mattered the most.

I was greeted with hugs, kisses, and great excitement. My beautiful grandchildren were the hosts of this soiree. They had prepared a table for the signing, complete with flowers in my favorite colors of red and pink. The banner was handmade by my youngest granddaughter, Sophia, and hung as a backdrop. It read: "Grammy's First Book Signing-We are so proud of you!" The signatures of my family members were highlighted with little messages of love and congratulations.

I signed my freshly published novellas as tears fell from my eyes.

Later, my husband had us read the book aloud until bedtime. Every family member that was able to read, did so, and enjoyed themselves so much. My husband kept tearing up, and said, "you wrote this! I'm so proud of you!"

I am certain this is as close to heaven as I have ever come. Danielle Steele has nothing on me, or anyone else for that matter. I feel complete, and a success already.

I love my family and I was so glad to share my year's worth of work with them. They have made it their mission to encourage me in my writing.

Oh, that you could know this joy, my dear readers. I hope that you do. Groucho Marx was right. Everyone should know what a perfectly wonderful day looks like.



Recognized

#64
2020


Photo taken at yesterday's book signing in Jacksonville, Florida.

Groucho Marx's famous quote: "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it ..." https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/groucho-marx-quotes.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.