General Poetry posted February 20, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Countless worlds live within many lives.

Which World is Real

by papa55mike

Which world is real?

War

A firestorm of bullets dance around my head, I'm pinned down in this foxhole by machinegun fire. The platoon now consists of three dead men, myself, and the medic who came to help and is slowly fading away. He took a blast in the back; three bullets pierced his spine before escaping his chest. The bleeding ceases, and his eyes become frozen in a blank stare. Suddenly, the enemy stops firing, and a sound of laughter drifts towards me. He proudly stands to light a cigarette. I draw my sight to his chest. Before the sound of the shot reaches his ears, the bullet explodes in his body. Who won?

Love

She stands by the sink rinsing a dish. Her silhouette in the sun shining through the window ignites a passion for her body. Her sultry smile greets me. The smell of her perfume engulfs my mind and sends it reeling. I slide a hand under her blouse. The silky touch of her skin tingles our bodies. She wraps her long arms around my neck, the exquisite taste of her lips and our swirling tongues sends us moaning into ecstasy. I begin to kiss her cheek then down to her luscious neck. She pulls back from my lips and says, "I'm glad you're home, too."

Abuse

With both hands tied around the pipe in front of me, the leather strap pounds my naked back. I can see the hatred in his face when he draws the thick belt back again. What did I do wrong this time? The force of each impact makes my body shudder in pain, but I refuse to whimper or beg. I will never give him the satisfaction of tears rolling down my cheeks. Beat me, father, until breath escapes me for the last time. Let me bleed until the pleasure of death fills my soul. I look back at his evil expression and smile.

Hope

My hope lies helpless in a hospital bed. Her emerald eyes refuse to open, and ventilator tubes block a loving smile. The doctor just left the room saying it won't be long now - hours, maybe minutes. But I refuse to give up. My prayers haven't fallen on deaf ears. She will rise from this bed and walk out of this room! Kneeling beside the bed, I take her hand in mine. "Dear Lord, my hope is always in You. Please, heal this battered body and return this woman to the ones who love her deeply. In Jesus' name. Amen." Suddenly, I feel a squeeze from her hand, and her eyes flutter open.

All of them are.




Recognized

#191
2020


I'm not sure this is a poem, a dramatic, possibly? But mostly free verse. I'll leave that up to you. I tried to write four of the most dramatic scenes I could come up with. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Many thanks for stopping to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.