General Flash Fiction posted February 14, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Thoughts in twilight in 100 words

Transition

by Marjon van Bruggen

That time when late afternoon and early evening are meeting. Sun and moon seem set to hustle as to who takes possession of the darkening sky.
From somewhere comes the subdued sound of playing children. Birds sit on telephone wires and pretend that daylight never fades. A cyclist ambles home without his light. Night creatures are still asleep, the daisies on the lawn remain detergent bright.

With silent surrender, day slips off. Night's black agent sets out his stall, claiming his sky percentage.
Light has changed into deep indigo. Somewhere an invisible deep-throated owl oohoos the final transition.



100 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story. 100 words exactly. Title not included in count.

Recognized


Twilight in the evening always makes me a bit gloomy. At dawn, it fills me with hope.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Marjon van Bruggen All rights reserved.
Marjon van Bruggen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.