Spiritual Poetry posted February 13, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Bible's three greatest acts of forgiveness

Living the Christian Life

by Lance S. Loria

Jesus was crucified,
But before He died,
Forgiveness was His choosing,
"...for they do not know what they are doing."

Joseph sold as a slave,
Lived Christian life brave,
In Egypt rose to power,
Towards his brothers he was never sour.

Stephen a disciple,
Was never spiteful,
Arrested and stoned to death,
Forgiving them all with his dying breath.



Forgiveness Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem of any type with the topic of forgiveness


This poem has three stanzas of four lines each. A consistent syllable count of 6-5-7-10. A rhyming scheme of aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, and ff.

Living the Christian life refers to walking in love and forgiveness. The three greatest acts of forgiveness in the Bible are presented in this poem.

Jesus was crucified on the cross and said, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:24).

Joseph's brothers were jealous of him and sold him into slavery. He continued to live the Christian life. He could foresee future events and rose to power next to the Pharaoh of Egypt. His brothers came to Egypt in search of food and Joseph welcomed them.

Stephen was an unknown disciple of Jesus who performed many great deeds for others. False charges were brought against him. He was arrested and stoned to death. Before dying he forgave his accusers and murderers.

In light of these three greatest acts of forgiveness, can you justify any wrong done against you as too grave to be forgiven?

LSL
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lance S. Loria All rights reserved.
Lance S. Loria has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.